A medium apple has 4 grams of fiber and is loaded with antioxidants and much more!
Apple Snack Ideas:
• 1 organic apple with 1-2 tsp. all natural peanut butter
• Chop up some organic apples and add them to low-fat cottage cheese
• Shredded an organic apple and mix it in Greek Yogurt
• ½ whole wheat English muffin, with 1 tsp. all natural peanut butter and top with thin organic apple slices, sprinkle a little cinnamon and enjoy!!
"The Nutritional Power House"
1 cup chopped kale contains 9% DV calcium, 206% Vitamin A, 134% vitamin C, 684% vitamin K, 33 calories, Good source of potassium, iron, manganese and phosphorus.
Try this healthy snack in place of potato chips:
• Kale chips: one large bunch organic kale
1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a quarter teaspoon sea salt. Place organic kale in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to coat all leaves. bake 8-12 min.
The environmental working group puts a list together every year based on the amount of pesticide residue found in produce. THey say you can reduce your exposure by 80% if you switch to organic when buying these 12 foods.
Generally speaking fruits and vegetable with thick skins that are removed before eating tend to have the lowest amount of pesticide residue. Fruit and vegetables with thinner skins that you tend to eat are usually higher in pesticide residues.